Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation & Brush Cost – £34.52 – QVCUK
What Tarte says: ‘Powered by Amazonian clay and light-reflecting gemstones, this hypoallergenic foundation gives you natural radiance and matte coverage in a weightless, flake-free powder. The full coverage formula is all you need to cover redness, unevenness and pores, with Amazonian clay to help control oil and make your makeup last.’
- Long wearing (Tarte says 12 hours) – This is due to the Amazonian clay, which is known to be a perfect ingredient for better and longer wear.
- Brightening – Supposedly due to the natural gemstone Tourmaline which is known to energize skin for a brighter and more radiant complexion. Whether it’s down to the gemstone or not, I feel that my skin looks brighter when wearing this.
- Soft skin – Unlike some powders my skin feels very soft to the touch when wearing this, and does not look at all cakey.
- Buildable – The custom mesh applicator and Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush (love this product, but what’s with all the excessively long names?) which I would totally advise getting if you’re not buying from QVCUK (where you get the brush and powder together) allow for buildable coverage, you can go light or work your way up by using more powder and buffing it into the skin.
- Breathable – The powder foundation has never felt heavy on my skin, nor caused any breakouts from wearing it daily and for long periods of time, it doesn’t settle into any fine lines. On especially dry skin days or around spots that are flaky, it can appear cakey, but I believe all powder products do that?
As you can hopefully see in the above pictures (which I am still apprehensive about posting as I have on no other makeup); pores are minimised, pigmentation evened out, skin appears smoother and any shininess mattified.
This was and still is the most expensive beauty product I own, but I really, really do love this powder. It covers a multitude of imperfection whilst still feeling and looking like you are not wearing anything. I don’t wear liquid foundation because I cannot stand the feeling of ‘all that’ sitting on my face, but previous powders I have used have not had enough coverage, nor lasted long enough. Tarte looks brilliant, and by the end of the day, I still feel my skin looks good. As said above I imagine if you have very dry skin, or a lot of bad breakouts, powdered foundation would not be enough for you, and would look cakey on the skin, but if you have normal, combo or oil skin that has average breakouts I find this works great. I will be repurchasing when this runs out, which will take me quite some time.
What other products are worth trying from Tarte?