I was recently nominated for my first blogger award, and it’s fair to say I was quite excited and chuffed, so a big thank you to Swati Awana over on Pinklogs blog for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award.
The award creator is Okoto Enigma and her blog can be found here.
- Put the award logo in your blog.
- List the rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog too.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people for the same award.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees and 5 questions of your choice and one weird/funny question.
- Share links to your best posts.
Three Things About Myself
- I am a trained Dental Nurse
- I used to have quite an intense fear of pigeons, something about the erratic flapping and kind of being rats of the sky gave me the heebie-jeebies. However this has lessened since I sat in my garden with an injured pigeon for around 2 hours (it had been attacked by a cat and I was waiting for the RSPCA to come) it couldn’t fly and my neighbour owns around 12 cats so it wasn’t safe to leave it alone. However he/she(?) bled out and I cried for a considerable amount of time about that. I never wished harm on them, I just wanted them to emigrate to another country – that I was never going to go to 😉
- I don’t kill anything; flies, spiders, ants (well obviously I am sure I have – but I never intentionally kill anything). I’ve been like this for as long as I can remember, when I was a kid I fell off my bike whilst attempting to avoid a trail of ants on the pavement and cut half of my face open quite badly, and my first thought as I sat on the ground, with blood dripping down me and my bike tangled around my limbs was – ”oh no, I’m on the ants.”
Questions & Answers
- What’s the most kind thing you have done till now?
I had to question those around me to answer this, and the replies amounted to (slightly less succinct then this), ‘you’ve always be very kind and empathetic’. So either I am just a supremely amazing soul or I’ve done nothing notably kind for them to remember and comment on ;P
- How many draft posts do you have right now?
None, but at the moment I do have seven posts scheduled, two of which are not 100% completed yet.
- What would you prefer if you could only have one – dessert or wine?
Dessert, 110%. I very rarely drink alcohol of any kind, and never because I enjoy the taste of it.
- How much time does it take to plan and post one article?
It varies, sometimes a post comes very naturally and I find I write it swiftly, other posts can take longer, usually those are the ones where I want to really get across my thoughts or feeling, so I put more time into what I write.
- Name your three most favourite movies.
I am among the worst people for answering these questions as I have never been able to say unequivocally that this film, book, song, T.V show, food etc is my favourite. It all depends on my mood.
- Happy: Pride & Prejudice, Baby Boom, Pretty Woman, The Sound of Music, Fifth Element…
- Sad: Marley & Me, P.S I Love You, My Girl, Stepmom,
- Animated: Mulan, Tangled, Pocahontas
- Horror: Paranormal Activity, The Ring, Saw (I don’t really watch Horror’s – unless I have a guarantee I will not have to spend any time alone for the next few days).
- Thriller: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (+ following films), Looper.
- Action: Any and all Marvel or DC movies, Die Hard, The Terminator, Jurassic Park (+ following films)
That was me attempting to narrow it down – ha – and I’ve missed out loads too. I said I couldn’t answer those types of questions.
- Would you go bungee jumping or sea diving?
If it was a choice of one or the other I would go sea diving. I’ve never been too interested in bungee jumping, but I do want to go sky diving.
- What’s your dream travel destination?
Anywhere with reliable, lovely, sunny weather, where I can sunbathe and read, go swimming, go out exploring, see how other cultures differ, interact with wild life, do thrilling activities,whilst eating great food and meeting greater people.
- If you could become a celebrity, who would you be and why?
I don’t think there is any specific celebrity I would want to completely be. But if I could be famous I’d love to be an actress, not that I can act. They always seem to be having a great time on sets, laughing, and loving what they are doing.
- Do you remember any of your dreams, can you describe one?
- Do you have any family tradition that you want to carry on?
- Who do you laugh the hardest with and why?
- What has been the best piece of advice you have received?
- Would you rather never read another book, or never watch another film/T.V show?
- You’ve been arrested! What have you most likely done?
Anyone who would like to do this please do! Whether you answer the questions in the comments below or do the full post (if you do this please comment and let me know!) I want to leave my first award open ended and give anyone the option to do it – and you can most definitely quote that I have nominated you to do it if you’d like 🙂
Thank you again Swati Awana.