I was recently nominated for my second blogger award, and much like the first, I was excited and chuffed, so a big thank you to Nivi over on The Glamour Hippie blog for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please go and check her out, she is lovely 🙂
I’m unsure who created this award or I would link their blog too, so if anyone knows, tell me please 🙂
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write 11 new questions for them.
- List the rules and display the logo of sunshine blog award in your post.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- What is your most favourite and least favourite thing about blogging?
I enjoy feeling creative, I enjoy writing and taking photos. I get such excitement on finishing a post that it takes more self-control than I believed I had to not immediately publish it then and there. I love reading other peoples post and connecting with them 🙂 The thing I like least is feeling the pressure of a post being due but not knowing what to write. Bloggers-block if you will.
- Makeup or food?
Food, although if I could go without food without ever feeling hunger or having cravings, I’d probably choose makeup – not because I prefer makeup but because I wouldn’t have to worry myself with gaining weight anymore.
- A happy memory…
The day I realised I was finally going to be allowed to bring a dog into my family home. Oh the undiluted joy and true excitement I felt. Obviously the day I brought him home too, but I wanted it share something slightly less obvious ;P
- Which country are you from? And one thing you like about your country?
Britain. There are many things I love about Great Britain, from the greenery, the beauty, to the people, to how we always ‘keep on carrying on’.
- What are your hobbies?
Reading, being with family and friends, music, films, shopping, travelling.. all the generic stuff most people enjoy. I do occasionally horse ride, I wish I could do it more, would love to become proficient in it.
- Four things you can’t leave home without?
My phone, my house keys, my car keys.. and that’s it basically, even then I don’t have to take them with me. I can quite happily leave my home without anything, other than the clothes and shoes I’m wearing 🙂
- Any suggestion for Nivi’s blog?
I think your blog is very well rounded, I would love to get to know you a bit better though, so a few more personal posts, or more award nominations 😉
- What is your relationship status?
- What motivates you?
Many things; wanting to do well, wanting to make my family proud, wanting to feel secure in life through achieving something. But mainly, just wanting to be happy. I work hard at whatever I think will bring me happiness. That’s the main and most important thing I strive for in my life (which, whilst being only one thing, very quickly becomes many). It does however mean that I will always be working towards something, which is nice.
- What gets on your nerves?
Oh, many things. From silly stuff that just grates my cheese to very big, important things. A silly thing though would be the sound of my charger connecting to my phone; it makes a notification noise every time it is plugged in or out, which means when I am lying in bed, idly playing on it whilst it’s on charge and the tip of the charger moves ever so slightly, the phone informs me that it has unplugged… plugged.. unplugged. plugged! I have grown to find that notification sound very annoying. I know I could probably just stop my phone from having a noise for the notification, but I’m stubborn, and I have a weird vengeance against it now where I feel like I shouldn’t have to remove the sound, it should just stop bloody well making it. So, basically, I’m at war with a notification noise. I’m sane really – I swear.
- What is the main reason for you blogging?
I started because I wanted to feel like I was doing something, being productive with my time, and as I’ve always loved reading other peoples blogs, watching YouTube videos etc. I decided to create one of my own. In my first ever blog post I say how I don’t know if I’ll want to even continue come the morning (it was an urge I had at around 2am) but I have been posting 3 times a week ever since then. I really love it, as everyone who blogs does, and I love the little community I’ve already been welcomed into, it has just added something to my life that I didn’t realise I was missing.
I am going to include some of the questions I asked on my last blogger award, in that post I didn’t nominate anyone specifically and so the questions did not get answered except by a couple of lovely people in the comments.
- Do you remember any of your dreams, can you describe one?
- Do you have any family tradition that you want to carry on?
- Who do you laugh the hardest with and why?
- What has been the best piece of advice you have received?
- Would you rather never read another book, or never watch another film/T.V show?
- You’ve been arrested! What have you most likely done?
- Do you have a personal motto you live by? What is it?
- Do you have a favourite post that you’ve written? Link to it.
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- Name one song you never get tired of hearing.
- What’s something your brain tries to make you do but you have to will yourself not to do it?
(For instance, I always have an overwhelming urge to open the car door when I am a passenger in a car whilst on the motorway! Obviously I have resisted so far, but the urge is strong… WHY? I know it won’t end well but dammit I just wanna do it!)
(11 wasn’t enough, but I had to stop somewhere.. just not at 11)
- Angela: Life of Angela
- Sarah: Blush Off The Haters
- Emma: Suspicious Pebbles
- Sophie: Purrpale
- Swati Awana: Pink Logs
- Alexis: Lidsandtricks
- Sarah: Life With Lil Red
- Ayushi: Tiny Ayu Wings
- Jamie: Don’t Give a Jam
- Jordyn: The Obsession Begins
- Dippy-Dotty Girl: The Travelling Diary Of a Dippy-Dotty Girl
- Beafreitas: BeaFree
- Sarah: The Critiquing Chemist
- Linda: Olive and Clo
Let me know in the comments when you do the award so I can have a look 🙂 And anyone else who wishes to answer the questions, please feel free whether you do a whole post or just answer them in the comments below.
Thank you again Nivi.