I have been recently nominated for another blogger award, so a big thank you to Ayushi over on Tiny Ayu Wings blog for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. She is a lovely girl with a great blog so please go and check her out.
I was then nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award again by Sarah over on Life With Lil Red. So another big thank you to her. She is great, and I love any and all of her posts regarding face masks. Please go check her out.
THE AWARD CREATOR IS OKOTO ENIGMA AND HER BLOG CAN BE FOUND HERE.
- Put the award logo in your blog.
- List the rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog too.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people for the same award.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice and one weird/funny question.
- Share links to your best posts.
THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I am a vegetarian. I am the only one in my family, although the majority of my family aren’t huge meat eaters anyways, and I have been one since I was 8 years old.
- I’m always being told that I have a way with animals, owners are always reacting with shock as their usually unfriendly / less social pet takes to me. One owner calls me Dr Doolittle, which I love. If I could be Dr Doolittle or Georg(ina) of the Jungle my life would be made, aka, any life where I can talk to animals.
- My favourite colour is orange – not a very interesting fact about me but it is very hard to think of intriguing information regarding yourself.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Tragic day of life so far?
Oh, I think I have had a fair few – but then maybe everyone thinks that, as one tragic day will likely feel like one too many. But a day in my life that was pretty difficult was when I was around 15 years old and found out I had an aneurysm in my leg, and anyone who knows about aneurysm knows that they can be very deadly, if it had burst I would have simply bleed out in minutes, with it being an internal bleed you cannot really do anything to stop it, unless you are already in a surgical setting and have prepared for that occurring, and even then, it’s very dangerous. I had to go and have an Endovascular Aneurysm Coiling and because of problems I already have with my leg (very long story) they found it especially difficult to do; they had to use the surgical instruments they would have used on a baby as my arteries are so small. They were also very afraid that if the aneurysm burst whilst they tried to seal it, they were going to have to very quickly amputate my leg – so all in all not a great time. But it went successfully and I still have my leg 🙂 at least for now (again – another very long story).
- What inspire you to write?
Just the enjoyment I get from it. I suppose it’s kind of the technology equivalent of liking the sound of your own voice…? Which doesn’t sound very nice, but people like sharing their thoughts and feelings, and having other people agree or say ‘I think that too’, creates a lovely sense of camaraderie.
- What do you expect, from your blog?
What I would hope to come from my blog and what I expect are two completely different things. Like many who blog I’d love to consider this my career; doing something you love and earning your living from it – that’s the dream, second only to winning the lottery for most people. But what I expect from it is much the same as I have now, I hope to keep writing, enjoying what I’m publishing and hopefully interesting or entertaining people enough that they want to follow.
I have been reading blogs (or the equivalent) and watching YouTube for what is probably going to be a decade soon. And despite all that time, I have always loved it. There are ”influencer’s” that I have been following for years and I never tire of them, if I see a new post or upload I am excited to read/watch it, so wouldn’t it be crazy to think that one day someone might see an upload from me and think, ”Oh, I am reading/watching that when I get home!”. I am aware that for me, that is along the same lines as fantasising about winning the lottery (and immediately opening an animal sanctuary 😍) but you’re suppose to have dreams, makes life more interesting trying to achieve them.
- How you came across my blog, do you find it helpful?
I believe I came across Ayushi’s blog from her following me (correct me if I’m wrong here Ayushi). I love how she does her makeup and her style . I also suffer from hair envy, which sometimes makes viewing her pictures painful. 😉
- Who is most important to you and why?
I suppose I am quite lucky in that thinking about how to answer this I couldn’t; my entire family is very important to me, in many different and similar ways, I am extremely protective over all of them and just want to make them happy, *soppy I know*.
- What is your favourite memory from this summer?
I had a family BBQ back in June which I really enjoyed. Any occasion where my family gets together, the weather is lovely and there is food involved is bound to make a future favourite memory for me.
- What would you consider a perfect day?
Waking up naturally and feeling energised. Vegetarian English breakfast and many cups of tea. Going out and doing something fun; theme park, visiting somewhere new, being in nature, being around animals. Being with my favourite people. Evening takeaway and movie. And instantly falling into a sound sleep.
- What is something that you’re afraid of?
If I am being very honest; not finding that person who will love me forever, and all the things that are connected to that for me.
- What are qualities that you look for in a friend?
Honesty and humour.
- What is your favorite thing to treat yourself with?
This seemed difficult for some reason; I thought, ”a bath”, but everything that it entails afterward usually doesn’t leave me feeling relaxed. Then I thought, ”having a nap”, but sometimes that just leaves me feeling guilty about wasted time and unable to sleep at night (although there is no denying the wonderful feeling of drifting off to sleep effortlessly the way I do when napping vs spending hours trying to get to sleep at night). Maybe the feeling I get post face mask and drinking a brew that is at that perfect temperature with some biscuits to dunk, Rich Tea, Chocolate Digestives, Ginger Nuts, Bourbons… Not all at the same time, although that would be treating myself.
LINKS TO MY BEST POSTS
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What was the last picture you took on your phone?
- What is the best and worst purchase you have made so far?
- Favourite thing about having your childhood when you did? (For instance, for me I was born in 1992, and I feel like the last, really good, childhood took place before 2000. We still played out all the time, climbing trees, playing with our imagination, whilst technology was starting up in the way of computer games, PlayStation etc.. I feel like we had the best of both worlds; a real childhood and the excitement of technology – before it completely took over. Now I see kids under 5 owning phones, and only playing indoors on games, kids have Facebook and Twitter… But do the people born in the 2000 + consider their childhoods to be the best?)
- Name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why.
- Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?
- Hollie: Lashes, Love & Laughter
- Belle: Retro Rose Doll
- Olita: Ola Masalska
- Mia: Crystals and Curls
- Leanne: Hey It’s Leaa
- Meg: Debatably Dateable
- Sage: Sage Olivia
- Tabi: Busy Bee
- Adell Baker
- Court: Court Does Cosmetics
- N: That Girl 4 Ever
Let me know in the comments when you do the award so I can have a look 🙂 And anyone else who wishes to answer the questions, please feel free whether you do a whole post or just answer them in the comments below.
Thank you again Ayushi and Sarah.