Over the last month or so I’ve been nominated for three Liebster Awards, so I’m going to combine them all. I was nominated by Mimi over at Blushy Darling, Zora over at The Girl In The Green Scarf, Nicole, who nominated me two different times, over at That Girl 4 Ever Blog and Trix at Confessions Of A Cosmetics Addict so thank you very much to each of these lovely girls. Please go check them all out!!
“The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers to help new blogs grow and connect with others in the blogging world.”
- Put the award logo in your blog.
- Thank you person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a 150 – 300 word post on your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 people that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions.
- List the rules
FAVOURITE BLOG (currently)
Right now my favourite blog is Adell Baker, I’ve been enjoying everything she posts as well as lusting over all her photos, whatever they are of; scenery or flat-lays, they are just so visually pleasing – considering she is only 18 I am supremely jealous of her photography skills. She did a post recently on how to improve your iPhone photography and just the photos shown in that post make me happy. Whilst I have never owned a iPhone (sorry, but Android has always been my go-to) I will be using many of the tips she offers (by the way, VSCO CAM photo app is brilliant). She blogs about lifestyle, travel and design and recently went self-hosted, she did a helpful post regarding it; not only that but she offered help if I ever decide to take the plunge myself. She just seems like a nice person and I have just been loving her blog lately. If you’re not already following her, please check her out, and if you do decide to follow her blog I’d love it if you let her know I sent you over.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- What is your favourite song?
Currently I’m really enjoying ‘Sun Comes Up’ by James Arthur but some of my all time favourites that I always enjoy listening to include:
- ‘Drops Of Jupiter’ by Train
- ‘From Eden’ and ‘Jackie And Wilson’ and ‘Someone New’ by Hozier (actually everything by Hozier)
- ‘Have A Little Faith In Me’ by John Hiatt
- ‘How To Save A Life’ and ‘You Found Me’ by The Fray
- ‘King Of Wishful Thinking’ by Go West
- ‘Little Lion Man’ by Mumford and Sons
- ‘That’s Just The Way It Is’ by Bruce Hornsby
- ‘Walking In Memphis’ by Mark Cohn
- ‘Undiscovered’ by James Morrison….
I could really go on forever. (Let me know if you know and love any of these songs). I do love female singers too, but for some reason my favourites seem to be male singers.
- What is your main goal for this year?
I don’t recall starting the year with any specific goals, but I’d like to end with me being a bit fitter, weighing less, having consistency blogged and being happy.
- Is there a character in a book that perfectly describes you?
There probably is, just not among the books I have read. I can usually relate to the character is some ways, but I don’t think I’ve ever read and book and thought, ‘this character is me’ – honestly, it would probably be a terribly boring story if it was.
- What’s your all time favourite lip product?
I believe I’ve answered this before, and based on most used, it’d just be a lip balm of some sort.
- What’s your favourite quote?
As you might be able to guess by now, I cannot list just one favourite of anything, it all depends on my mood or what I’m currently going through, but I’ll list just a few of the quotes I’ve loved for years.
- “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change. And the realist adjusts the sails.”
- “Wearing your flaws is a lot more comfortable than pretending you don’t have any.”
- “And I said to the wind, take me, I’m yours to wander with.”
- “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”
- “No one reaches out to you for compassion or empathy so you can teach them how to behave better. They reach out to us because they believe in our capacity to know our darkness well enough to sit in the dark with them.”
These are some that I always have on the sticky notes app on my laptop.
- When you are eating a meal do you eat your favourite thing first or last?
Zora’s questions where the same questions as above.
- What’s your full name?
Well, my first name is Sarah and that’s all you’re getting. 😉
- Favourite place in Europe?
From where I have actually been, Greece. From what I have seen it is just beautifully picturesque.
- Favourite colour?
- What would you do if you forgot your clothes while using a public shower?
I’m not sure I understand this question? Wouldn’t I go in wearing clothes? Even if it’s just a swimming suit etc. But if my clothes got stolen and I was naked in said public shower.. – well actually I’d never be truly naked in a public shower. I’d find a friendly face and ask for help though, that’s if I didn’t already have someone with me who could help, once they’d stopped laughing, I imagine.
- What’s your favourite animal?
Wild animal would be Lions, Tigers, Jaguars – they all amaze me, they are just so beautiful and striking in the way they move, but then they play and act like little cats and dogs.
- Do you have any pets?
Yes, my dog Oscar. If you’ve not seen photos of his yet you’re probably new to my blog, because any excuse I have to work a photo of him into a post, I take. Like now, for instance.
- Favourite movie?
I’ve answered this before so I’m just going to copy and paste that answer.
“I am among the worst people for answering these questions as I have never been able to say unequivocally that this film, book, song, T.V show, food etc is my favourite. It all depends on my mood.
- Happy: Pride & Prejudice, Baby Boom, Pretty Woman, The Sound of Music, Fifth Element…
- Sad: Marley & Me, P.S I Love You, My Girl, Stepmom,
- Animated: Mulan, Tangled, Pocahontas
- Horror: Paranormal Activity, The Ring, Saw (I don’t really watch Horror’s – unless I have a guarantee I will not have to spend any time alone for the next few days).
- Thriller: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (+ following films), Looper.
- Action: Any and all Marvel or DC movies, Die Hard, The Terminator, Jurassic Park (+ following films)”
I told you I cannot pick just one favourite…
- Favorite book that was made a movie of?
I love the book Pride & Prejudice and I really enjoy the movie too, so that I guess. I did a review on the book if anyone is interested, it’s here.
- What’s your fear?
I’ve answered this before; none serious fear would be pigeons, not as badly as I used to, but they are just very erratic and make me nervous. And big life fear would be not finding that person to spend the rest of my life with.
- Favorite school subject?
In High School my favourite subjects were English and Sociology and into College it would have been English and Psychology – they are just very interesting subjects to me that I easily get transfixed by.
- What are you afraid of?
I’ve mentioned before that I used to really dislike pigeons, but they don’t bother me as much anymore, you can see the story why here if you are interested.
- What’s your favourite genre for movies?
Humour, whether it’s action humour or romance humour I don’t mind as long as I laugh.
- The T.V. show you regret watching?
Umm, maybe “Orange Is The New Black”, I enjoyed the first season but then it got a bit boring and I stopped watching – although I was going through some relationship stuff during this time so maybe the show can’t be blamed for not holding my attention.
- What’s your top life goal?
To get married and have children (very traditional, I know).
- What are your most common top six lies?
‘I’m fine’ and ‘I don’t care’ are probably my most used. Otherwise, I don’t think I lie that much, I’m often being told I should hold my tongue more, but if I think something, I’ll say it, never maliciously or to be intentionally hurtful – I just don’t feel the need to lie. If I know something will hurt someone’s feelings I won’t say anything unless they actually ask for my opinion.
- What would you use your one wish on?
Something along the lines of perfect health for everyone. No cancer, or Alzheimer, disabilities or mental illnesses… etc, I know how hard life can be having less than great health so I’d fix that for everyone who has to deal with that hardship. Don’t be thinking I’m too selfless as I would benefit greatly from this wish too.
- What’s the first thing that attracts you to a person?
Physically; having broad shoulders maybe and personality wise; making me laugh.
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I have collected a few tea cups, but haven’t given way to that fully yet. Christmas decorations..? I get a new one each year.
- If a film was made of your life, which famous actor/actress would you have play the part of you and why?
I have no idea what celebrity I look like, if any, but according to a very ‘scientific’ quiz I resemble Selena Gomez in one photo, Ariana Grande in another, but mostly I got someone called Jackie Evancho. I’ll very happily take any one of them!
- What do you consider to be your best quality?
My resilience maybe.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
I’d ask to not be disabled – I’m sure that’s easy to understand why.
- How do you prefer to spend your spare time?
Reading, watching TV, napping, being with family or friends, out in nature with Oscar, I’m pretty easy going and can find happiness in most things.
- What are your favourite make-up brands and why?
At the moment I’m really enjoying Sleek.
- Recommend a favourite book and/or film and tell me why you recommend it.
Pride & Prejudices and The One You Really Want are two of my favourite books. I’ve done a review on P&P so you can read why I’d recommend that here, and as for The One You Really Want, it is just an all round lovely, happy, romantic, funny book. For me, it’s the perfect feel good book.
- Where would you most like to visit and why?
I’ve always been kinda lackadaisical about travelling – I love visiting places, but I can find wonder in anywhere so I’ve never sat down and thought I have to go here, here and here. I would happily and excitedly visit anywhere. There are definitely some things I want to see, but they can be seen in multiple locations on the earth.
- What’s your favourite food?
Fruit maybe? I don’t really have favourites in many things, it depends on my mood etc.
- What’s you’re favourite drink?
I mostly drink cups of tea or blackcurrant. But I do love Elderflower and San Pellegrino Limonata – oh my gosh that stuff tastes amazing.
- What would your super power be?
Maybe time control. Or being a witch!
- I am 25.
- I have hazel colour eyes that turn green when I cry.
- I am 5ft 3in (sometimes 2in – according to my Mum at least).
- I wear retainers every other night.
- I hate ticking clocks, I have to have silent ones in my room.
- Maybe ironically to the above point; I have to sleep with either a fan or a dehumidifier on as I can’t sleep in silence. I even have an app on my phone for those occasions I don’t have a fan etc. although it’s no where near as good as the real ones in my opinion.
- I am a very hot bodied person (another reason for the fan – even in winter I sometimes require it).
- Because of the above point I cannot cuddle whilst sleeping, I like to have some body part touching when sleeping with a partner, like a foot or an arm, but I cannot bear to be wrapped up in their arms all night as I overheat so quickly.
- Another thought on the above facts is that I cannot touch cold things; having to get stuff out of the fridge or freezer causes me physical pain, I don’t know why but maybe it’s connected, because I do however have asbestos fingers (I can hold stuff that other people consider too hot to touch).
- I twirl my hair when bored, anxious, upset, or just because it feels nice. I have been doing it since I was 2 years old. The story goes, I was being admitted into hospital for an operation (one of many to come) and I reached up, grabbed my Mum’s hair, started twirling it and have never stopped – obviously I stopped twirling my Mum’s hair and switched to my own – I don’t just toddle around after my Mum, hand attached to her head… just wanted to make that clear.
I have cheated in a way and sourced some of these from the internet.
I’m not sure how many questions to ask as it’s been a different amount everywhere I see this award, so I’ll just ask until I cannot think of any more.
- When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about from your life?
- What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat?
- When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great?
- What “old person” things do you do?
- What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?
- What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now? (but you wish still was)
- If you could know your future, would you want to?
- How/why did you pick your blog’s name?
- Maria: This Happy Little Life
- Belle: Retro Rose Doll
- Anjana: Moonlight and Macaroons
- Nova: Super Nova Beauty
- Trix: The Confessions Of A Cosmetics Addict
- Daisy: Daisy Thoughts
- Blissful Boho
- Charlotte: Charlotte Alice Blog
Thank you again to each of the lovely ladies.