I’ve been stockpiling award nominations recently – which I love and am greatly appreciative of by the way. So, in the order that I have been nominated, I owe a big thank you to Ants at Tokyo Cowboy, Sophie over at Purrpale, Jamie at Don’t Give A Jam and Mimi at Blushy Darling. Please check out the links and go over to their page, they’re all great!
THE AWARD CREATOR IS OKOTO ENIGMA AND HER BLOG CAN BE FOUND HERE.
- Put the award logo in your blog.
- List the rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog too.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people for the same award.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice and one weird/funny question.
- Share links to your best posts.
THREE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I have a very light café au lait on my right shoulder blade, which is basically a very light birthmark.
- I have lost count of how many operations I have had, but it’s somewhere around 25 – (I know that isn’t a lot compared to many people, I think I cannot remember the exact amount because I choose to forget).
- I am hypermobile, otherwise known as double-jointed, and you are too if your thumb can be bent downwards to touch your wrist, like in the below picture. It’s not as cool as it seems as it can cause physical problems, and in fact has made the disability I suffer from worse.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Why did you start your blog?
If you look back at past award posts I’ve answered this before, but the gist is; I wanted to feel like I was doing something, being productive with my time, and as I’ve always loved reading other peoples blogs, watching YouTube videos etc. I decided to create one of my own. Blogging has just added something to my life that I didn’t realise I was missing.
- Have you ever travelled? If so where?
Yes, I’ve been lucky enough to travel a fair amount, both on general holidays to places like, Spain, Greece, Turkey etc. but I’ve also done a month long road trip across America, starting in New York and ending in San Francisco.
- Which is worse, TV or video games?
I’m not sure in what terms you mean by worse. In time wasted I’d say video games, mainly because they actually require attention and focus – you can spent hours watching T.V. but chances are you are doing other stuff at the same time, whilst with games your attention is singularly on that. The amount of time spent on games verse T.V. may be the same but games seems like you have lost more. That’s not to say I haven’t spent weeks of my life (I’m assuming) playing games like Sims (god I loved that game so much), I’m just saying which one feels more like wasted time to me.
- Bale, Clooney, Keaton, Kilmer, Affleck or West?
Bale. He’s the actor that introduced me to Batman, obviously I’d heard of the whole shebang before, but he was the actor in the first Batman film I ever watched; I loved it from the first watching, and have the DVD’s. I do love Affleck, Clooney and Keaton as actors though.
- What’s your favourite drunken anecdote?
Sadly, I’m usually the maternal drunk in the group. So despite being intoxicated myself, I’m usually still reasonably level headed and looking out for everyone else, which doesn’t often lend to personal crazy drunken anecdotes. I do have a truly awful, gross story from a night out but I’m not sure if I should write it – it really was horrifying – one of those times where you are disgusted, but you cannot look away.
- What do you love most about yourself?
Jeez. Even reading this text on a screen makes my insides crawl – I know that is terrible, but I find it very difficult to see the good in myself. I think I’m pretty resilient though, so that maybe.
- How would you describe your fashion sense?
Honestly, I’ve no idea. Simple, comfy, casual, somewhat girly..? That doesn’t mean I don’t love other styles, I just don’t think I could pull them off myself so I wear what I feel comfortable in. Which is usually jeans and a top – mildly related to whatever trend is currently ruling.
- What inspired you to create your blog?
I kind of answered this with Ant’s first question, but what continues to make me want to blog is the enjoyment I get from it.
- Do you find it difficult to eat five portions of fruit and veg a day?
No, I usually have a bowl of fruit everyday which has apples, strawberries, grapes and kiwi’s in it. I’m pretty sure I get my five portions in with that.
- Do you have any obsessions?
Animals. You can bet your bottom dollar that if there is a dog in a 30 ft radius of me – I will have to go over to it. And if for whatever reason I cannot descend upon the aforementioned ball of fluff (it doesn’t have to be a dog either, I’ve followed cats, pulled over my car to stroke cows, crossed roads for horses, attempted to pet chicken, walked the wrong direction to ‘bump’ into people out with their pets.. the list really does go on) then I will stare at it longingly and mourn that I cannot befriend them. Service dogs pain me – I know the rules – but still – they pain me! You know how some women are afraid they’ll be known as the crazy cat lady – well, I bloody well look forward to becoming that crazy animal lady.
Reading that paragraph back I think it’s fair to say that I am already the crazy animal lady.
- What toppings are on your perfect pizza?
Being a vegetarian takes a fair few toppings out of the equation for me, but I love a veggie supreme – so spinach, mixed peppers, red onions, sweetcorn (I do really love sweetcorn on pizza) etc.
- Beer or wine?
Neither. I don’t even like the smell of beer and I have never tasted a wine that was nice. But then I never drink for the pleasure of the taste of alcohol anyways.
- Have you ever said ‘I love you’ first?
- Fruits or vegetables?
- Pick one of your favourite blog posts. What’s so cool about it?
In terms of which post I enjoyed writing the most, I think it would be Oscars birthday post; not only did I get a valid excuse to flood the internet with pictures of him, whilst listing of all the many reasons I love him. But I made both chocolate cookies and a doggie cake that I was really proud of, and went down very well with humans and dogs alike.
- Are you more of an early bird or a night owl?
Night owl – but I’d much prefer to be an early bird!
- What do you do to relax?
Reading. I can totally escape into books and reset. There is a real peace in reading. Likewise watch T.V. or a film.
- What super power you wish you had?
I’ve answered this before, and as I’ve not thought up anything more interesting since I’ll say the same; maybe time control. Or being a witch!
- What’s your favourite perfume?
I don’t own many perfumes, with my really strong sense of smell I often get a really intense headache and pain in the bridge of my nose from just sniffing a perfume. But my favourite, scent-wise but also because it doesn’t physically pain me is ‘NYC’ by SJP.
LINKS TO MY BEST POSTS
I am going to list the questions I asked in my last award post as I didn’t officially nominate anyone for that award (leaving it open to everyone instead), so the questions mostly went unanswered.
- What is your best achievement to date?
- What is your most essential beauty item? (Can be makeup, skincare or hair styling products etc.)
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
- What is your favourite season? Why?
- Do you have a favourite memory from the year so far? What is it?
- Who do you currently have a girl-crush on?
- Swati: Pinklogs
- Hollie: Lashes, Love & Laughter
- Ayushi: Tiny Ayu Wings
- Nivi: The Glamour Hippie
- Angela: Life of Angela
- Mimi: Blushy Darling
- Zora: The Girl In The Green Scarf
- Nicole: That Girl 4 Ever Blog
- Sarah: Sarah’s Blog Corner
- Candice: Day Dreamer Teen
Thank you again Ant, Sophie and Jamie.