Christmas Jumpers – Past, Present and Future

Christmas Jumpers – Past, Present and Future
Did you get the Christmas film reference in that title?? No, just me.. Okay.

Happy December! Today is my first official festive post, it was a toss up between Christmas Jumpers or a Christmas Room Tour – this one was ready to be published (little inside knowledge on how I sometimes pick and choose my posts there).

Throughout the month of December you are likely to see me sporting something festive, especially nearing the last week before Christmas, when I can get away with it without public judgement. Today I’m going to showcase some of my older Christmas jumpers, recent buys and a little would-be haul for anyone who’s drawers aren’t already overstuffed with clothing that can only be worn one month of the year (if that) and therefore has the space to buy some festive jumpers.

Excuse the photo quality of the jumpers being worn, they weren’t taken as outfit shots but just family photos.

Christmas 2012          |          Jumper: Primark (Men’s Fashion)

Christmas 2013 20171106_015838

This jumper came from the men’s section of Primark, so if none of the stock in the female section is shouting out to you and you fancy a slightly more over-sized jumper, keep the men’s clothing in mind.

Christmas 2015         |          Jumper: Boohoo

Christmas 2016         |          Jumper: Boohoo

Boohoo is a great place to buy Christmas jumpers, they are reasonably priced, good quality and very cute. I usually switch back and forth between wanting to wear a dress for Christmas (with the jumper over top) or wanting to be more comfortable in leggings etc.

2017 Purchase         |          Jumper: PrimarkPhotoGrid_1510023276522

This year I picked up an early Christmas jumper from Primark when it was still October, so this one will probably still be avaliable in store if you like it. It’s a really nice material and has washed up well.

Would-be haul

Shops including ASOS, New Look, Boohoo, Forever 21, Asda George And More.

Price: Under £10

(L-R: 1, 2, 3, 4)

——————————————————-

PRICE: £10 – £15

(L-R: 1, 2, 3, 4)

——————————————————-

PRICE: £15 – £20

(L-R: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

——————————————————-

PRICE: £20 – £25

(L-R: 1, 2, 34)

——————————————————-

Price: £25 – £30

(L-R: 1, 2, 34)

Where are some of your go-to Christmas jumper shops and when do you start wearing them?

Instagram    |    Pinterest

1. December 7, 2017 / 2:07 pm

I don’t know if this counts as a “holiday tradition” haha, but I like to get a new Christmas sweater every year- ugly or otherwise! Very much enjoyed your post 🙂

December 7, 2017 / 2:30 pm

I think if it makes you happy and you want to do it every year then it’s a tradition. I don’t always get a new one, but I do enjoy looking each year 🙂 Thank you!

• December 7, 2017 / 11:24 pm

I guess you’re right 🙂 I obviously don’t look without getting one haha! You’re welcome ❤︎

2. December 4, 2017 / 10:58 pm

These are all adorable! I think I need to start a collection and tradition like this! Also, I find it so interested that they are called “jumpers” in the UK. I’ve always heard them called sweaters or sweatshirts here. It’s so fun to me to learn the slight differences in language between the UK and US!

December 4, 2017 / 11:18 pm

😊 thank you. To me, and don’t quote all English folk to what I’m saying here, but a sweater is like a really basic, plain, cheaper jumper. And I don’t think there are any items that I’d called a sweatshirt.. sound like something you’d wear to workout 😊 I do use quite a lot of American terms, I blame it all on the (brilliant) sitcoms that get aired over here 😉

• December 5, 2017 / 12:25 am

That’s so interesting! haha, yep a lot of people do wear sweatshirts when running outside, but they are also just comfy clothes. Several of them have hoods, so a lot of the time they are called hoodies also. 😉

December 5, 2017 / 12:30 am

A hoodie to me in a jumper with a hood, minus the zip. With the zip I just call it a jacket. I think it’s different not only by country but individuals too 🙂

• December 5, 2017 / 2:32 pm

That’s too true! It’s always fun to me to see how people call the same things differently. 🙂

3. December 2, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Thank you for checking my blog 🙂 I just posted something about Christmas jumpers too, how funny! Lovely post and idea. I like the one you are wearing on most of the photos 😛 Looks like it`s your favourite favourite 🙂

December 2, 2017 / 11:31 pm

I suppose there are only so many festive blog post ideas out there 😉 it was my favourite.. well in the sense it was the only one I had for a couple of years. Now I wear that one mostly around the house 😊