Today I am going to share my Christmas Day Makeup Look, which in all honesty isn’t that different from my everyday look except it has a bold lip and I’m actually wearing eye makeup, and I use more products to make the makeup last all day.. okay, so maybe it is different.
Excuse the fact that I had to take these photos in my bathroom in front of a shower curtain, the days are getting dark far to quickly and it was the only reasonable lighting I could find 🙂
I am, by no stretch of the imagination, talented at applying makeup (heads up Santa, if you fancy gifting me with that skill I won’t complain) but I enjoy trying my hand at it, and I have been attempting to be more experimental with what I do. I also don’t apply makeup in the ‘proper’ order, so bear with me here.
- To make sure my makeup lasts all day I used Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray and Benefits Porefessional on my face. Spraying my skin before applying any makeup and then gently rubbing Porefessional into my T-zone.
- Underneath my eyes I’ll use Benefit Stay Don’t Stray, which not only helps prolong my concealer, but also evens out the skin tone by itself.
- I’ll follow up with Sleek CC Cream all over my face using my Real Techniques Sponge, which makes my skin look tons better and really does even out texture and colour, it also lasts a really long time.
- My final base products are Bourjois Radiance Reveal underneath my eyes, which actually brightens up my whole face and makes me look more awake. Then for any skin issues, such as spots or general redness I’ll use a bit of my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
- I’ll spray a bit more of the setting spray and then move onto my eyes.
- I’ll fill my brows in with Maybelline Brow Satin and then gently run an eyebrow brush through to distribute the product to look more flawless and realistic.
- My next steps are to curl my lashes with No7 eyelash curlers and applying Urban Decay Perversion to my upper and lower lashes.
Tip: I usually also end up with some on my eyelid and I’ve found the best and easiest way to get that off is to dip an earbud into my contact lenses solution (I’ll already be wearing my disposable contacts but I’ll keep the containers and liquid around until after I’ve applied my mascara).
- I’ll very lightly line my eyes (mostly because I can’t line my eyes so if I do it lightly and it goes wrong, it’s not as damaging) with Sleek Twist Up Eye Pencil along my waterline.
Using Real Techniques Brushes and Sleek All Night Long Palette I ‘created’ (more haphazardly applied and hoped for the best) a simple brown – mauve – gold smokey eye…? I think? Basically, I used colours that I thought complimented each other well in the palette and hope that’d work on my eyes 😉
— I realise re-reading this that in a palette like this, all the colours are going to compliment each other.. so I’d have to really mess up the process to not end up with something reasonably nice. —
I mixed shade 1 and 2 together all over my lid, used shade 3 in the crease, 4 in the centre and corner of my lid and then went back and used shade 2 underneath my lower lashes, very lightly.
- After my eyes are finished I’ll apply my Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation (the length of that name never ceases to amuse me) and then contour and highlight my face with the Sleek Contour Palette and Blush in Flamingo using Real Techniques Brushes. Below is a picture showing where I contour, highlight and apply blush, although yours could be different depending on your face shape.
- My final steps are to apply a bit more mascara to the tips of my lashes and put on my lipstick. For Christmas I’ve gone with a classic red, Rio Fuchsia Matte, from The Body Shop.
And here is the final look, I won’t have to do many touch ups, other than lipstick, which to be honest I won’t do very often either, because I’m too lazy 😉
PIN FOR LATER