The New Year is upon us and for those who like to be organised this simple DIY is a great beginning of year project. So, for today I am showing you an easy DIY Box Desk Calendar that’ll be reusable year after year. It’d also make a great DIY gift for someone.
What you will need: (& Where I Bought My Stuff)
- Box (cardboard or wood)
- Paint (colour: Nutmeg White)
- Spray paint
- 3 cup hooks
- Sticker letters/numbers
- Gift tags
I bought nesting boxes from The Range and chose the largest one which best fit three of the gift tags I bought, next I took these steps;
- Paint your box. Allow to dry.
- Spray your spray paint of choice into a container (or paper plate) and sponge it onto the box. Allow to dry.
- Measure out an even distance between your c-hooks and screw them into place (which is very easy if you have a cardboard box like me).
- Apply your letter and number stickers to your gift tags (if you bought plain gift tags then by all means decorate them with paint or watercolours etc).
Tip: I took the lid, cut it and laid it atop of the box to add extra dimension to the end product.
Depending on the size of your box you could leave it here, however I wanted to add accessories, for me it was a toss up between fake cactus and twinkle lights.
- Glue in your accessories, for me I thought fake miniature cacti and plants would look great. To glue them in I used the same Gorilla glue that I used in my DIY Wall Hanging Terrarium.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME
PIN FOR LATER
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SOME AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU CLICK & BUY FROM ONE OF THE PRODUCT LINKS, I’LL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SUPPORTING MY BLOG AND MY PASSION.