I have been building up a pretty large collection of blog award nominations, so I am going to try and speed through a good amount of them in today’s post.
For the Versatile Blogger Award I was nominated by 7 different and brilliant bloggers (in order of nomination date); Jess from ‘Jessicat Beauty‘, Catherine from ‘Imperfect Beauty‘, Chloe from ‘Chloe Burford‘, Filipa from ‘Beauty Looks Fun‘, Hollie from ‘Lashes Love & Laughter‘, Liz from ‘Dear Blog… Love Liz‘ and last but not least, Jamie from ‘Don’t Give A Jam‘. A massive thank you to each and everyone one of these ladies for thinking of me and nominating me. Please go out check out all of their blogs!
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- List 7 things about yourself.
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
(I am going to reuse some facts that I’ve mentioned before – it’s surprisingly hard thinking up facts about yourself).
- I find regency era etiquette really fascinating. The type you would read about in Jane Austen novels for example. I find their rules regarding manners and elegance really intriguing. I also find modern day etiquette interesting too, this is why I asked for ‘A Modern Girls Guide to Etiquette’ for Christmas. You can see what else I got in this post here.
- My teenage crush was on Johnny Depp, I was completely infatuated and watched all his films.
- I’d love to dye my hair blonde. I was a very blond child until about 4 years old, and have always wanted to try it out but I don’t have the nerve. Plus it’s so much harder to go lighter.
- I’ve always been the “fun auntie”. I am the adult on the slide with the kids, throwing them up in the air, chasing them around on my hands and knees whilst making animal noises or singing at the top of my lungs with them to any and all songs we know (or don’t).. well, at least until one of them says “that’s enough now, please”. basically I’m the adult that looks like a weirdo. But I set boundaries and become stern when I need to, which I think people don’t expect from me.
- My hazel coloured eyes turn green when I cry.
- I am 5ft 3in (sometimes 2in – according to my Mum at least).
- I hate ticking clocks, I have to have silent ones in my room.
- Carina from Simple Carina XO
- Hollie from Beauty And The Bookshelves
- Joy from Mademoiselle O’Lantern
- Sophie from Purrpale
- Anni from Gluecksgeist
- Rebecca from All Things Allatt
- Ana from Fashionanita
- Rabia from Rabia Rambles
- Cleia from Always Cleia
- Charlie from Speedy Gone Charlie
For the Liebster Blogger Award I was nominated by three different ladies; Candice from ‘Day Dreamer Teen‘, Hollie from ‘Lashes Love & Laughter‘ and Zed from ‘Zeds Lifestyle‘. Again, please go and check out their blogs, you won’t regret it.
- Thank you person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Nominate 5 – 11 people that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (some questions I will have answered in previous award posts, so I’ll just copy and paste my answers from there unless they’ve changed).
- Are you a night or day person?
Night, although I’d much prefer to be a day person.
- What was the last book you read?
No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong, I am working my way through the series again. I reviewed the first book Bitten here. It is one of my favourite book series.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Jeez. Even reading this text on a screen makes my insides crawl – I know that is terrible, but I find it very difficult to see the good in myself. I think I’m pretty resilient though, so that maybe.
- What was your first pet?
My first pet that was mine alone was a hamster, called Teddy. He was a legend and very friendly.
- If your house was fire, which three items would you save?
My Mum, Oscar and Mia. If they were safe and we are talking inanimate things then; my external hard-drive which has photos and videos on going back decades. After that there isn’t anything that I couldn’t get over.. eventually at least.
- If you could invite any 6 people to a dinner party, who would you invite and why?
I’ve never thought about this much, other than thinking I’d chose any family members who had passed, such as my Grandma and invite my Mum too so they could see each other. But if I’m answering it for more entertainment bases then; Jane Austen, The Dalai Lama, Whoever (if anyone) watches over us and is all powerful – be it God, Mother Nature or whoever. Robert Downey Jr. because I think he seems smart and funny, and I have a crush on Iron Man 😉 Michael McIntyre and finally.. someone from the future, maybe a future relative to hear what life is like in their time (and get a bit of information about my future).
- What would you put in a time capsule?
Maybe a video. If I could interview my family and then not watch the footage again for years, I think that would be interesting. Of course that’s only if it’s a time capsule that I am going to get to open within my lifetime. If not, then I would probably still do a video, showing and describing what life is like currently for people in the future to experience.
- What’s your favourite colour? Why?
Orange. There isn’t a reason, at least not one I am aware of.
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Depending on what I’m getting ready for 10 minutes (I’m not bothered about going out without having my hair and makeup done) to an 45 minutes if I am trying to look nice and presentable for the rest of the day.
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
I started because I wanted to feel like I was doing something, being productive with my time, and as I’ve always loved reading other peoples blogs, watching YouTube videos etc. I decided to create one of my own. In my first ever blog post I say how I don’t know if I’ll want to even continue come the morning (it was an urge I had at around 2am) but I have been posting 3 times a week ever since then. I really love it, as everyone who blogs does, and I love the little community I’ve already been welcomed into, it has just added something to my life that I didn’t realise I was missing.
- What other hobbies/interests do you have?
Reading, swimming (especially when abroad), travelling, daydreaming, napping, being around my family – jeez, I sound boring.
- What’s your favourites thing about blogging and why?
The feeling of accomplishing something. Putting time, effort and even money now, into something that makes me happy.
- How old are you?
I turned 26 on January 6th.
- Your favourite food of all time?
I don’t really have one. Fruit maybe, pasta.. potato ash…?
- Do you prefer summer or winter more?
Summer, although I’d rather be cold than hot. But summer is nicer and easier, especially as a dog owner.
- Holy Grail beauty product this can be anything? (makeup, skin care, body or hair care)
Concealer is a pretty great makeup invention.
- If you could re-live one moment of your life what would it be and why?
I don’t think it would be a moment I have yet experienced.
- Why did you start blogging?
Similar question above.
- Who is your favourite blogger or which blogger inspires you?
At the moment, Anna from ‘The Anna Edit‘, everything about her and her blogging style is amazing. The way she writes, her aesthetic, what she shares, the type of person she seems to be. Everything. I not only have a girl crush on her but a blogging crush.
- What was your first post and why did you write it?
My first post was just an “introduction” to Vintage Tea Rose, which you can see here. Following that, my first proper post was my Bucket List. I chose this style of post as it was easy, I didn’t have to review anything, or show any skills. It’s basically a list with pictures and personal anecdotes, which seemed safe for my first post.
- What would you rather have with your main? Starter or Dessert?
Dessert, no competition. I hardly ever get starter, and if I do I’m usually too full to eat my whole main and gutted I can’t manage a dessert afterwards.
- What star sign are you? List some of it’s traits.
Capricorn. “The tenth sign of the zodiac, the Capricorn woman is a dependable individual who is not fond of indiscriminate gossip, but can listen to people’s problems and offer excellent advice. She is very loyal to her friends and is respectful of other’s needs. She is ambitious, conservative, determined, practical and helpful.”
- What’s your favourite movie?
Again, I don’t really have one. That’s a boring answer, but true. It all depends on my mood and what I’m most wanting; romance, humour, action etc.
- Highlight of 2017?
I did a post reviewing my year, you can read that here.
- Where do you want to travel most, but you’ve never been?
I’ve always been kinda lackadaisical about travelling – I love visiting places, but I can find wonder in anywhere so I’ve never sat down and thought I have to go here, here and here. I would happily and excitedly visit anywhere. There are definitely some things I want to see, but they can be seen in multiple locations on the earth.
- What would you like to achieve in 2018?
Just to have a great, happiness-filled year. Whether that is finding joy in my personal life or professional, minimising the pain I have to manage from my disability, experiencing and creating memories, or just having a nice, uneventful year. I just want to get to the end of 2018 and look back thinking, “that was a good year”.
I am not going to nominate anyone for the Liebster Award, but if you have under 200 followers and want to get your blog out there feel free to promote yourself in the comments of this post.