In my What I Got For Christmas & My Birthday post I showed some makeup products that I’d received. I said I’d do a makeup look using the Millie Mackintosh makeup products. Today, as promised, is that makeup look (you are more than welcome – I know I’m exceptionally proficient in the art of makeup application, and not often do you get to see such expertise as mine. Delight in the splendour of my creation…) Am I going overboard with the sarcasm?… –
The makeup look is natural, easy and perfect for everyday.
Base & Tools
- Sleek CC Cream
- Bourjois Radiance Reveal
- Real Techniques Sponge
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
- Tarte Airbuki Powder Brush
Brows & Tools
- Millie Mackintosh Shape Up Brow Set. Using the darkest brow shade and applying it with the brow brush. Afterwards I set my brows with the gel.
Quick Review of Shape Up Brow Set – I enjoyed this product, it took me longer to complete my brows but I imagine a good amount of that extra time was due to it being my first time using powders to do my brows. There was some fallout, which wasn’t great. However, the colour was quite good and the final result was natural. One issue I have with the packaging, other than it not being very travel friendly, is how much I struggled to get the tools out, I managed the brush without damaging the packaging, but to get the gel out I had to rip my way in to get enough leverage. Would I reach for this everyday? Probably not, but I will continue to use it on and off. It’s also made me consider trying more powder products for filling in my brows.
Eyes & Tools
Tip: I usually also end up with some on my eyelid and I’ve found the best and easiest way to get that off is to dip an earbud into my contact lenses solution (I’d already be wearing my disposable contacts but I’ll keep the containers and liquid around until after I’ve applied my mascara).
- Millie Mackintosh Eyeshadow Quad in Perfect Natural Eyes. After using the mid-tone warm taupe shade across my entire lid and blending into the socket I followed up with the warm chestnut shade into the socket to add extra definition. Finally, I used the lightest pearl pink shade in the inner corner of my eye and a small amount in the centre of my lid.
- Real Technique Brushes; Base Shadow Brush and Smudge Brush
- Millie Mackintosh Eye Liner in Black (half way across my lower lash line)
Quick Review of Eyeshadow Quad – When I first swatched these colours I didn’t think they were very pigmented, this is still somewhat true, however I do believe with enough effort they could be build-able. I do like the shades though, they make for a lovely, gentle everyday look.
I didn’t wear this makeup for very long, so I cannot comment on the staying power of either the quad or brow set.
Contour, Blush & Tools
- Sleek Contour Palette in Light
- Sleek Blush in Rose Gold
- Real Techniques Brushes; Expert Face Brush and Blush Brush
Tip: Every face shape will require a different method of contouring and highlighting, again in my Christmas Day Makeup Look I showed where I place mine according to my face shape.
- The Body Shop Lipstick in Lima Magenta Matte
What do you think of this everyday makeup look? Am I getting any better at applying makeup – if you immediately answered “uhh, no” in your head then lie to me 😉
WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SOME AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU CLICK & BUY FROM ONE OF THE PRODUCT LINKS, I’LL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SUPPORTING MY BLOG AND MY PASSION.