I’ve been meaning to make these coconut macaroons for some time now, but between a broken oven and general life getting in the way, it’s taken me a few months to get around to it.
Macaroons are fairly easy to make and require only a handful of ingredients, which when combined with their deliciousness it equals a must make desert-style treat. You could even quickly bake some of these up for your Valentine, anything coated in chocolate is romantic right?
The below recipe will make around 24 macaroons.
Coconut Macaroons can be kept for up to a week when kept in an airtight container.
Ingredients For Coconut Macaroons
- 180g sweetened, shredded coconut / (US Measurement: 3 cups)
- 4 large egg whites
- 115g sugar / (US Measurement ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions For Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Whisk the egg whites, sugar, vanilla and salt in mixing bowl. Whisk until completely combined and the mixture is frothy.
- Combine the shredded coconut to the mixture and stir until the coconut is evenly moistened.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wet hands and shape the macaroon mixuture. I found if you very gently squeeze the mixture in the palm of your hand it holds it’s shape much better. Shape into small balls.
- Bake the macaroons for 15 to 20 minutes until golden in colour.
- Allow macaroons to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Melt chocolate and half coat the macaroons.
Very easy as you can see, the hardest part was trying to shape them, expect to get your hands messy. They are delicious though, after these photos were taken over half of them had mysteriously disappeared.. – and I only ate 3 of those missing ones.
Pin For Later