I am back today with another blogger award post. These are the first three Awesome Award nominations I’ve received and I really like the meaning behind this award. So a big thank you to each of the bloggers that thought of me. They are; Maggie, Rebecca and Jamie (a link to each of their blogs will be below). Please go check out their blogs, if you aren’t already aware of each of them, they are great!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
Maggie’s Questions. Maggie Wig
- Where is one place that you would love to go?
I’ve answered this before, and all those answers still stand, but to make this answer a bit different I’ll go with my current location obsession. I recently became aware of a place in Turkey called ‘Cappadocia’. Just Google that and hot air balloons and I’m sure you’ll see why I currently want to go there. Amazing.
- What do you want to do when you are older?
I honestly don’t know. Other than be a wife, a mother and happy, I’m not sure what I want to do with my life.
I’d love to own an animal sanctuary, but that’s not necessarily the only thing I’d want to do when I’m older. It would be a dream come true for me though.
- What is your most embarrassing memory?
I answered this in my recent award post here, but the gist of the answer was I can’t think of any. Not because I don’t embarrass myself but I’ve either forgotten or over time what once seemed beyond embarrassing doesn’t affect me anymore. I think as you get older you do become less embarrassed by your faux-pas.
- If you had one day left what would you do?
Spend it with those I love.
- If you changed one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What is the proudest moment in your life?
- What made you start blogging?
I wanted to feel like I was doing something, being productive with my time, and as I’ve always loved reading other peoples blogs, watching YouTube videos etc. I decided to create one of my own. Blogging has just added something to my life that I didn’t realise I was missing.
- How would you describe your fashion sense?
Basic and comfy.
- What is your least favourite subject to study?
I’m no longer in any kind of education, but whilst in High School my least favourite was probably History, which is a shame as I’d love to know more about history now, not the wars so much, which seemed to be only what we would focus on.
Rebecca’s Questions. All Things Allatt
- Do you prefer wearing a red or nude lipstick?
Well, I very rarely wear lipstick, when I do it’s for colour, so I’ll say red.
- What is your favourite food?
I don’t have one. But pancake day is coming soon and I can’t say I’m not excited. I have to forcibly limit myself to one week a year (I was going to say one day a year but lets be honest, I drag it out for longer than a day). A couple of years ago I was eating them everyday – and for every meal – I’ve apparently got an additive personality, at least when it comes to food.
- What is your favourite place you have been on holiday?
I’m going to cheat a bit and say America. I was lucky enough to do a month long road trip across America so I got to experience everything from New York, to Florida, Roswell, Las Vegas and California – among many more.
- Weirdest thing you have every taken home on a night out?
A Little Miss mug from a bar. I can’t remember the exact details, the bar would serve you alcoholic drinks in Little Miss or Mr cups and I believe I got given Little Miss Sunshine, so the guys I were with stole it from the bar and gifted it to me…?
I ended up keeping it at their house (it was a group of male friends that all lived together at the time) so that I could actually have a clean mug there when I came and stopped. Three men in a house equaled a pretty grubby house. That stolen bar mug was possibly one of the cleanest things there for a while.
- You find a lamp and have three wishes, what are they?
Well, if I can’t use the loop hole of wishing for more wishes then; to be physically healthy (i.e. not disabled and in constant, unrelenting pain). And to be sickeningly wealthy. For the final wish.. – I’d probably keep it stored away for safe keeping.
My logic here is; I’ll be healthy enough to enjoy life without pain restricting what I can and cannot do, and fearing that if I am suffering like this at 26, what on earth will I be like when I’m 50-60-70. And I’ll be wealthy enough to do all the things I’d like to in life; open an animal sanctuary, own an amazing old folks home, travel, own property, take care of my family, buy my Dad that holiday home he’s always wanted etc.
- Are you a cat or dog person?
Dog. I love cats too and would definitely like to have one at some point. But dogs are remarkable and since getting Oscar I can’t see myself ever not having at least one dog in my home.
- What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
Knowing I need to think up a blog post but having only tumble weeds drifting through my mind.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The community, the relationships you develop with individual bloggers, the gratification you get from having someone comment and like your posts, the creative fun of writing and taking photos, the anticipation of waiting for a post to go live that you are especially proud of, and these are just a few off the top of my head.
- Do you have any tattoos? If so what?
No, but I am seriously considering one at the moment.
Jamie’s Questions. Don’t Give A Jam
- Apples or oranges?
Apples. I love oranges too but apples are almost always delicious where as unless the oranges are in season they can taste a bit weird.
- If you had to change your blog name, what would it be?
I’d maybe put my name in there somewhere. But one of the reasons I didn’t change my blog name when I went self hosted was because I wasn’t creative enough to think up another name. Plus, I like Vintage Tea Rose, it’s done me fine so far.
- Sitcoms or crime shows?
I love crime shows but you can watch a sitcom no matter what mood you’re in.
- What is your favorite season for fashion and why?
Autumn, you can still get away with dresses and linen pants etc, but you have the option of layering and wearing light jumpers and coats too.
- Beach or lake?
Can I not have both? Beaches and lakes are different over in the UK in comparison to a lot of other countries.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes. Not the floating under a white cloth type, but I believe our energy and essence does remain in some way after death. Ghost, spirit, energy.. there is something.
- iPhone or Android?
I’ve only ever owned an Android, so, Android.
- What is your favorite meal of the day?
I don’t have one.
- Sneakers or high heels?
What with my disability I can’t, and have never been able to wear high heels. Other than occasionally stealing one, and I do mean one, from my sister and standing in front of a mirror posing with one leg in the air like a flamingo I can’t comment much on heels. I have recently found three boots that have the appearance of a heel (a small one) but are still flat inside meaning that for the first time in my life I’ve been able to wear a variation of a heel. You can probably guess how much that has meant to me just by looking at how many outfit posts I’ve done wearing only those new boots. Sure, it hurts my ankle like an absolute b**** when wearing for anything more than an hour, but my splint fits into them so I’m still chuffed.
- Do you like tags? Why/why not?
I said in my most recent award post that I don’t want people thinking I’m ungrateful if I don’t get round to a lot of the award/tags I receive quickly. But I try not to over-saturate my blog with these types of posts. Whilst I love answering the questions I often worry that other people won’t be as interested in hearing said answers.
Plus, I think it is slowing getting to the point where quite of a few of questions I get asked, I’ve already answered before. Maybe once I find myself referring back to old answers and “quoting myself” more often than not I’ll have to call it a day on posting blogger awards. Which is a shame as I do enjoy writing these posts, plus they are great for quickly scheduling in when I’m behind of posts.
- What is your first ever memory?
- What is your Zodiac sign and does it’s description describe you well?
- Would you rather visit the past or the future?
- What skills do you posses that could help you survive the zombie apocalypse?
- If you could master one skill instantly, what would it be?
- What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
- How do you wind down and relax?
- What would you like to devote more time to?
- Do you have a current blogging goal? What is it?
- How have you changed in the past few years? What change are you happiest/proudest about?
- What is your favourite word?
- Angela from Life Of Angela
- Liz from Dear Blog Love Liz
- Emma from It’s Emma Sandford
- Chelsea from What Chelsea Wears
- Marika from Beat Around The Blush
- Claudia from New Life Fresh You
Thank you again to Maggie, Rebecca and Jamie.