Today I am reviewing last months Blogging Goals and setting new ones for the month of March. I also have a question to ask, a business proposal of sorts I suppose. Let me know what you think in the comments. And a big thank you in advance to anyone who does comment with their opinion.
LAST MONTHS BLOGGING GOALS
- Increase Followers – I would like to reach 650 blog followers, and 250 Instagram followers. They say numbers aren’t everything, but achieving them does give you a rewarding feeling. I would also like to increase the amount of followers I have via email lists.
My followers via MailChimp hasn’t grown much, so I’m not sure if I am doing something incorrect there or whether people just prefer to subscribe via WordPress. However, I did reach my goal of 650 blog, and 250 Instagram followers.
Another three highlights from Instagram this month are the Russian Sleek MakeUP Instagram page using another one of my photos, which is always a thrill. The photo comes from a recent Brands I Want More Of Post.
Secondly, being chosen in ‘allthingsallatt‘ Instagram story for feeds she loves. Anything like this just makes my day, so thank you Rebecca.
And finally, near the end of the month I got featured on The Blogger Crowd Instagram page which I’m very chuffed with.
- Take Stock Photos – To provide to email subscribers. It would be nice to have some in the bank for future posts of my own too. Here’s a sneak peak at the photos I have taken so far, let me know what you think of them.
I have a question, brought on by my Mum constantly telling me how great my photos are… – now hear me out. Realistically, would you guys ever pay for these photos? For instance if I was to offer up the nine pictures below for a few pounds would any of you be interested in buying them to use for your blog, Instagram or Pinterest?
Say I priced them at £3 for 9 photos, which would work out at a bit over 30p an image is that something you’d be interested in purchasing? Or am I being foolish in thinking anyone would pay for my photos? Is it my Mum’s maternal love making her see these photos as mini works of art? Or is this something I should consider?
I know there are stock photos available for free online but the majority of them are quite plain and lifeless. If this proposal is something you would be interested in I’d regularly take stock images and sell them. I’d also base the photos I take off the types of photos you find yourself needing for your blog. Plus, the amount of people using the same images as you would be smaller as I don’t drive the same amount of traffic as those big websites.
Please let me know what you think as it’d be lovely to be able to bring in a bit of extra money. If you think I’m being insane and thinking far too highly of my photography skills… – well, blame my Mum 😏. But honestly, do let me know, kindly but truthfully.
- Collaboration Ideas – I’d like to put aside some time into thinking up collaboration ideas and reaching out to bloggers about them. I’ve been saying for a while now I’d love to do a collaboration post with one of the amazing bloggers I follow.
I have successfully arranged three different blogger collaborations, that you will hopefully see sometime this month. I’m really excited about them and hope they turn out well.
BLOGGING GOALS – MARCH
- Increase Followers – By the beginning of April, and how am I already talking about the next month being April(!), I’d like to have reached 700 blog followers and 300 Instagram followers.
- Create Media Kit – I would like to start putting together a media kit for my blog. I’ve seen a few of the blogs I follow create one themselves and I think it would be a fun little project to undertake.
- Collaboration Posts – I want to successfully produce the blogger collaboration posts that I have already reached out and arranged. Heads up, there is a three-way beauty post, an outfit post and a DIY with my favourite blogger friend Angela. Sorry Angela if you didn’t want to be friends, it’s too late. I made an executive decision. 😜
Are you setting any blogging goals for March? What are they?