Living Room Mood Board

Living Room Mood Board

Today’s post is my Living Room Mood Board.. And yes, okay, I know I don’t have my own living room, but I didn’t have my own office when I did that mood board.. nor does my bedroom remotely resemble the mood board I put together for that either. So let me dream dammit.

Sofa’s are usually the center point of any living room and I’d want to go all out with a big, cosy, corner sofa. And to top it off a swivel loveseat. Imagine curling up in one of them gently rotating from side to side… I groaned with longing just thinking about that then.

Next up, a wooden coffee table. My love for heavy wooden furniture clearly isn’t a passing phase.

And under every coffee table you need a massive and very thick rug. The kind that feel airy when walking on.

I’d love a working fireplace in my living room too. The ambiance that a fire creates cannot be replicated. Especially a log burning fire.

For a bookcase, and one that I’ve shown quite a few times before, I love how The Anna Edit styles her. In my dream world I would have an office.. hell, I’d have my own personal library, but I’d still want some books in the living room. I also love the idea of storing extra soft furnishings on it.

Something I’d love to start doing is creating travel memory boxes, whether they contain just the pictures from the holiday or travel memorabilia I’m not sure, but I think it would be a really nice way of organising your fondest memories. I already have travel cork board map which I DIY’d and adore but this would be lovely too.

When it comes to plants, I’d want a lot. A LOT.

As well as the coffee table I’d love to have one of these sofa tables. As an avid tea drinker these would be very well loved.

These are the main things on my dream living room mood board, for now. What do you think and do you have your own dream mood board?

Instagram    |    Pinterest

1. March 22, 2018 / 8:54 am

Drool <3 haha if only my living room looked like any of these! I can't wait to have my own home and be able to decorate how I want! Plants are definitely a must have and those wooden coffee tables <3 oh and how handy do those sofa tables look! I'm forever balancing my wine glass on a round arm and waiting for the day it falls off haha! Great post hun xo

March 24, 2018 / 1:26 am

Lol, drool indeed 😊 whilst it was a fun post to put together it pains me to see this stuff and not be able to buy it 😉 xx

• March 24, 2018 / 4:23 pm

Haha tell me about it – I love scrolling through pinterest but it is difficult knowing you can’t just transform your home the way you want aha! xo

March 25, 2018 / 2:02 am

When will that technology come around aye 😉 xx

2. March 21, 2018 / 4:36 am

I like these kinds of posts a lot, I’ve been thinking of how I want my entire home to look (this house doesn’t belong to me) but I’m doing my best to make it homier. Anyway, love the wooden coffee table and I absolutely adore the travel memory boxes. Alex and I already save up a bunch of tickets and photos of stuff we’ve done together but putting it in a box sounds a lot better lol

March 23, 2018 / 11:03 pm

You should do that then, and colouring the boxes will add a homier feeling to a house that you can’t edit too much 😊 I honestly dream about home decor sometimes, bloody love Pinterest, even though it pains me that I can’t actually get the stuff 😉

• March 24, 2018 / 3:37 pm

I’ll have to find wooden boxes somewhere then, I don’t think I’ve seen them very much at stores. Maybe craft stores lol.
        Omg I have many boards for home decor, I cannot stop pinning!! And I get it, I can’t afford anything but little by little the house will come together

March 25, 2018 / 1:14 am

It’ll mean more that way, annoying in the short run but nicer in the long run, plus having to save and then purchase guarantees don’t regret impulse purchases 😊

3. March 18, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Oh my gosh, I love those swivel chairs 😍

March 19, 2018 / 7:18 am

I know, they look amazing, anything that I can rock (swivel) myself to sleep in sounds amazing to me 😉