Ticking another tag/award off the list today. Zed over at Zed’s Lifestyle Blog tagged me to do this 30 question beauty tag. Zed blogs about beauty, fashion, lifestyle, travel, food.. and more; go and check out her lovely blog.
Lets get this tag underway 🙂
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
No, but it would have most likely been something random and no doubt useless, like blue eyeshadow.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
In all honesty I haven’t tried an excessive amount of mascaras so I haven’t found my perfect one yet. But it would be lengthening and very voluminous whilst none clumping, smudge proof and long wearing.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I don’t wear foundation, I’ve recently become aware of the benefits of a CC cream and I’m enjoying Sleeks at the moments. Coverage wise I like my skin to still look like skin but less flawed.
4. Favourite high end brand?
I don’t use many high end brands but I’ll say Tarte, I’ve only got their powder but it’s amazing and cruelty free. I’m wanting to try more from them.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Um, Anastasia Beverly Hills or Kat Von D.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
At the moment, Sleek.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
No. I wear them when I get my makeup professionally done but I’ve never mastered applying them. I do have an upcoming post that will hopefully be helpful to anyone else with this affliction. 😉
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Concealer or mascara, I think those two items makes the most impact when worn without any other makeup.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I don’t really have one. I enjoy makeup and want to improve my skills but I don’t cherish any beauty products.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
A bit of both, if I need something specific then it’s buying here and there, but sometimes I get a bit carried away when online browsing.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
Spend freely but if I go on a spending spree I’ll limit myself for some time afterwards.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes, if you can get a discount then by all means, get it.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
At the moment, eyeshadows. I’m determined to master applying eye makeup.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Not that I can think of.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like Parabens or Sulfates?
Not really, although if I can find ones without then it’s a plus.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Superdrug, Boots and Feelunique. I shop around for wherever the product is currently cheapest.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
For skincare I prefer to keep using what is working, although every now and then I seek out new products.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Maybe Sanctuary Spa.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Maybe Sleek, so far I’ve been mostly impressed with everything I’ve tried from them, they basically stock everything, they are affordable and cruelty free.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
From those I have in my makeup bag, Sleek.
21. Which celebrity always have great makeup?
There are many celebrities who always have great makeup, most of them actually. But in my recent Women That Inspire Me post I said I love Lauren Conrad’s beauty and makeup style so I’ll go with her. And no, not only because it means I get to link back to a previous post… you suspicious bunch… go check that post out by the way.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
No, unless the beauty bloggers count as a makeup community?
23. Favourite beauty gurus?
Based on the people I follow on YouTube; Arden Rose, Carly Cristman, Claudia Sulewski, Estée Lalonde, Fleur DeForce, Makeup By Tiffany D, Miss Jessica Harlow, Zoella, Nikki Phillippi and Tanya Burr. (Yes I went alphabetically through my subscription list).
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I have nothing against them but I’ve never used one that actually works better than individual products.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Um, zero… Oh wait, no, a hair brush and bobble count as hair products right?
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes. I really want to.
30. What do you love about makeup?
Not to sound superficial but it’s ability to make me look better than I otherwise would. A nicer way of putting it would be it’s ability to give me more confidence.
I’m going to leave this beauty tag open to anyone who would like to answer it, let me know if you do. And another thanks to Zed.