Today I am reviewing last months post and setting new Blogging Goals for the month of May.
LAST MONTHS BLOGGING GOALS
- Increase Followers – By the beginning of May I’d like to have reached 750 blog followers on my blog, and 350 Instagram followers.
I reached my blog follower goal but not my Instagram.
Some other highlights from Instagram include; being featured on The Blogger Crowd again.
A blogging highlight for the month of April was being featured in ‘Oriana’s Notes’ Inspiring Fashion Bloggers post. This amazes me as the other girls she featured look so stylish.. – and then there is me..? But aside from the confusion at being included I was beyond chuffed, so thank you Oriana!
- Recycle Blog Posts – There are a lot of older posts which I’d like to recycle, where required I’ll update them but I think if you are proud of your past work then why not reuse them, especially when you have a large portion of your audience that has never seen them before?
I recycled four posts; Simple Skincare Essentials, DIY Cork Board Travel Map, Mood Lifters and Blogging Photography Prop Ideas. Although I struggled with the photo prop post as it wouldn’t show up in the WordPress Reader. I had to republish it multiple times, removing tags each time and I still wasn’t successful in getting it on the Reader, very frustrating. If anyone has any tips as to why this happened please let me know.
- Blogging Break – This might seem like a slightly strange blogging goal but as I’m going on holiday at the end of the month I plan to take a week off from the 30th. Hopefully I’ll be able to come back with better content as some of my stuff lately has been sub-par.
My holiday was lovely and whilst I did still write up and plan some blog posts I managed to take a step back and relaxed too. I think I have some good posts coming to you soon and I hope you all enjoy them.
BLOGGING GOALS – MAY
- Increase Followers – By the beginning of June I’d like to have reached 800 followers on my blog. And 400 Instagram followers, although based off my last two months I might not achieve this. I need to put more time into reaching these.
- Instagram Posts – I want to post everyday to Instagram until next months Blogging Goals post. This is going to be a bit of a challenge for me as whilst I love Instagram I don’t post there more than 3 times a week – and that’s a good week. But I am interested to see whether increased content equals increased interaction and followers.
- Video Content – Some of you may know that me and Angela recently did a snack exchange, her blog post is up and you can watch her try lots of UK snacks here by the way. And whilst I was away I filmed myself trying the Kiwi snacks she sent me. I am yet to edit it but I intend on posting the video, which is nerve wrecking as I don’t like being filmed and the whole process was pretty uncomfortable. You should be seeing that from me soon though.. – as long as I don’t chicken out.
Are you setting any blogging goals for April? What are they?