I haven’t set myself any goals since May so today I am going to review those goals and set new Blogging Goals for July.
LAST MONTHS BLOGGING GOALS
- Increase Followers – By the beginning of June I’d like to have reached 800 followers on my blog. And 400 Instagram followers, although based off my last two months I might not achieve this. I need to put more time into reaching these.
I said right in that goal that I needed to start putting effort back into achieving these goals rather than just setting them and then.. – well, nothing. I’d set them and then just expect them to fulfil themselves. And even though I acknowledged this I still didn’t take any action.
I really going to try to focus on taking steps to reach any goals I set myself this month.
- Instagram Posts – I want to post everyday to Instagram until next months Blogging Goals post. This is going to be a bit of a challenge for me as whilst I love Instagram I don’t post there more than 3 times a week – and that’s a good week.
This goal I achieved and I was very happy with how much I actually enjoyed doing it. I will definitely be setting this as another goal in the future.
I explained how I organised and scheduled a month of Instagram content in my recent post which also featured a free downloadable hashtag library. But if you would also like to download the Instagram Calendar that I created to stay organised then please do.
- Video Content – Some of you may know that me and Angela recently did a snack exchange, her blog post is up and you can watch her try lots of UK snacks here by the way. And whilst I was away I filmed myself trying the Kiwi snacks she sent me. I am yet to edit it but I intend on posting the video, which is nerve wrecking as I don’t like being filmed and the whole process was pretty uncomfortable. You should be seeing that from me soon though.. – as long as I don’t chicken out.
I was successful with this goal too, and I think I’d like to do more videos in the future. It was scary, but once done and up I realised I’d enjoyed to process, kinda. Check out that post here.
Other Blogging Highlights
I’ve been lucky enough to be included in a lot of bloggers Instagram stories lately, and some blog posts too. I always take screenshots when this happens so that I can thank the bloggers but when my computer broke I lost all the screen shots. I do know who mentioned me on Instagram as it’s in the conversation and I have a couple of screenshots post-computer-breaking, but if I have forgotten anyone I am really sorry and thank you.
- Anni from Glücksgeist kindly included me in her Bloggers Support Bloggers Challenge.
- Chloe mentioned me over on her Instagram stories, as did Mimi.
- Zoey mentioning me in her stories over on her Instagram.
- And finally Martina Lily including me in a Instagram shoutout.
Please check out the links for all of these amazing girls!
BLOGGING GOALS – JULY
- Increase Followers – This month I am going to aim only in increasing my email subscribers. After the GDPR came into action I went down from 18 email followers to 10. I wasn’t too worked up about only having 10 as I hadn’t been putting effort into getting people to subscribe via email.
However I now have three different opt-in freebies (such as the one above) and I want to promote them more. By the beginning of August I’d like to have 15 email subscribers, which doesn’t sound like an impressive growth, but I’m unsure on how easy or hard it is to gain email subscribers as I’ve never tracked it before.
- Interaction – This goal is probably going to be the most time-consuming but I’m really wanting to do it. My intent is to comment on every blog post I read and enjoy. I like every post I enjoy but I don’t always have the time to comment. Or sometimes I feel like what I could say doesn’t sound authentic.
I guess I worry there is only so many times you can say someone looks great in a makeup tutorial, for example. Or that a certain post was fun to read etc. I always genuinely mean it but when I have said it on multiple other posts I worry it sounds insincere. Does that make sense?
I basically want to push myself out of my comfort zone and not over think how my comments will be perceived and end up not commenting and interacting because of it. Who else has trouble with this? Please raise your hand so I’m not alone in my chronic over thinking.
Are you setting any blogging goals for July? What are they?