Monthly Memories – September

Monthly Memories – September

I didn’t get round to posting my monthly memories for September, but I also didn’t want to totally skip them. So I’m going to post Septembers memories today and on Friday I’ll be back with Octobers. I totally understand if you are not that interested in reading about my boring life, but as I’ve said before, these posts are more for me to look back on than anyone else. They are in essence my virtual diary.. so if you’re nosy, read on.

My nephew started Primary School in September! Primary School! Besides that being very weird, I’m insanely jealous. I went with him on his first day of school and everything is so cute and small. I also realised that school terms only last around 5 weeks before breaks, which seems incredibly short.

How cute does he look?!

This month my sister’s rabbits had babies. I’ve never seen baby bunnies, and whilst they are a bit strange looking.. – I mean, just look at those pictures. They are cute too.

View this post on Instagram

If I'm ever going to be murdered or robbed whilst on a walk with the dogs then the snails are to blame… Let me explain. I hate standing on snails, it actually makes me cry and feel very guilty whenever it happens. I find myself standing there profusely apologize to their deceased remains 🙄 So in the winter months I spend all of my time walking around with a torch and my eyes glued to the floor. Then the other day I realised that whilst walking down a dark, creepy alley I hadn't looked up or checked my surroundings once. So yeah.. if anything ever happens, just know that at the very least I didn't kill any snails, slugs or worms. • #crushingguilt #lifepriorities #apologizingtoasnail #morals #dailyobservation #mythoughts #mythoughtprocess #thoughtoftheday #photosinbetween #photooftheday #daytodaylife #everysquareastory #makeyousmile #relatable #eerie #beautifullyeerie #nightvisions #nighttimevibes #moodyshots #winterwalks #eveningwalks #theeverydaygirl #funnyobservations #winterworries #bloggergetssocial #manchesterblogger #ukblogger #discoverunder1k #discoverunder5k

A post shared by Sarah (@vintagetearose) on

I posted this to Instagram and I actually ended up getting quite a few concerned DM’s telling me to be safe, which was so sweet! So I just want to clarify, I am aware of my surrounding when on walks, and whilst I was telling the truth about my concern for the safety of snails – I was also being a bit overdramatic for the sake of humour.

Mia being uber helpful whilst I make my bed.

It was my Dad’s birthday back in July and because me and Becky are brilliant daughters we finally got around to going out for a meal with him this month.

Emily trying a lemon. She wasn’t a fan. Max on the other hand will eat an entire one happily – just like me and Becky do and have always done.

More random but too cute not to share photos of Oscar and Mia.

Each year I love Autumn more. As long as it’s not raining I think Autumn is beautiful and holds so many charms.

View this post on Instagram

Are you ever too old to go conker hunting? As I found out, the answer is no. On a recent stroll round a local park I was searching for some conkers, albeit a bit late in the game, which is why I was struggling to find any. Obviously this emotional despair was visible on my face as an older gentleman came over and placed these in my hands, gestures like these make my day 💜🌰 • #autumnphoto #autumnstroll #fallweather #thatautumnmagic #amonthoflovely #upanautumn #pursueprettythings #autumnvibes #huntingforautumn #conkers #foraging #embracingtheseason #conkerseason #fallinspiration #autumnmood #smallbeauties #naturelover #enjoythelittlethings #flashesofdelight #postitfortheaesthetic #autumndays #photosinbetween #outinnature #tinytinymoments #conkerpicking #pursuepretty #enjoythelittlethings #thatsdarling #ukblogger #discoverunder1k

A post shared by Sarah (@vintagetearose) on

It was my Mum’s 60th birthday this month, for which I think she looks great for. I think I’m pretty lucky when it comes to the aging genes as I think both my parents look younger than their actual age, I mean, my Dad is in his 80’s after all and I don’t think he looks it? Maybe I’m biased?

If you would like to know how to bake this three tier but low fat chocolate cake then click here

That last picture is my Mum and all of her Grandchildren – so obviously Oscar and Mia had to be included. They are her favourite after all – joking, but also I’m not. 😉

One of my Neices drew this picture of Mia for my Mum’s birthday and I think it is amazing. She is only 13 years old and I think it’s brilliant. I’m currently making her draw one of Oscar too.

They were the main noteworthy highlights from September. I’ll be posting Octobers Monthly Memories on Friday.

How was your September? What has been your favourite memory looking back on the month?

Instagram    |    Twitter    |    Pinterest

1. November 8, 2018 / 6:08 pm

Mia is so cute with “helping” you make your bed! Kona and Zelda do the same thing. I always have to call them down to get anything done. 😉 Of course Zelda just wants to grab onto the sheets with her claws haha.
    And that picture of your niece with the lemon!! Too funny!! That’s exactly how I feel about sour flavors lol. That picture could be a meme haha!

November 9, 2018 / 12:04 am

I’m the same.. “get down”.. *5 seconds later*, “no.. get down and stay down” 🙄 I think they think it’s a game.
      Lol, I should make it into a meme! And I personally love sour things, I very happily sit and eat lemons 🤤

• November 9, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Hahaha yes exactly!! I agree, I’m pretty sure Kona thinks I’m playing with her. Especially since she often has her toy with her, so I’ll toss it down to make it more fun for her to get down and then she just jumps back up so I can throw it again lol. XD My own fault really lol.
        Wow you can just eat lemons?! I like some sour things but I guess it all depends on how sour haha. I don’t have a very high tolerance. 😉

November 10, 2018 / 3:06 am

We make a rod for our own backs but they are too cute 😉
          And yeah! Very happily lol 🍋but I’m useless with spicy food.

• November 10, 2018 / 6:08 am

I used to not be able to handle any spiciness at all but I’m slowly able to tolerate more and I’m super excited about it haha

November 11, 2018 / 12:40 am

Lol, I just end up looking a right mess with a runny nose and a panting mouth.. sexy!

• November 12, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Hahahaha thankfully Joshua is stuck with me now lol

2. November 5, 2018 / 5:24 am

I love these posts of yours, just so incredibly precious!!!!
    And those bunnies!!!!! Cute!! I’ve only seen them as babies but with their fur already on them, they’re too cute!!

And Mia on your bed hahah, you must tell me your secrets of how you groom them because Sophie is shedding a whole lot right now if I even pet her once there’s hair everywhere lol.

I’m loving three family photos and the last one with your mom and the grand kids (LOVE that you put Oscar and Mia there haha). And how crazy?! Your parents definitely don’t look their age, they look so much younger!!! Goals!!! I hope to look young too when I reach their age lol.

November 8, 2018 / 2:08 am

She’s claimed it as her own, it’s the first place she goes as soon as we get home from walks 🙄😂
      And she sheds pretty badly too, but only every few months, so I think it’s seasonal. And when she’s going through that phase I regularly brush her with a rubber brush which really helps. It is annoying though, if I wanted a fur throw I’d buy one 😉
      It’s a cute picture isn’t it, I don’t think we’ve ever got a picture with all the grandkids present! And I’ll let them know, it’ll make me mum happy to hear someone else say that.. She thinks I lie *eye roll* 😉

• November 9, 2018 / 5:46 am

Hahaha she’s the queen of course lol.
        Must be, since this is our first winter with her, well my first winter with her, I had forgotten how much some dogs can shed, and I’ve brushed her everyday so far this week and she doesn’t seem to like it as much but I think it’s because I didn’t have the right brush, it was more like a cheap glove that my mom got lol. But she definitely feels softer and holy moly the amount of hair that falls off is unreal!! Hahha fur throw for sure 😂😂
        Bahahaha no no no, I literally thought she was in her early/mid 40s, idk, because her skin is amazing! She must share her secrets! 😍

November 10, 2018 / 3:04 am

It was a shock for me when we first got her as Schnauzers don’t shed which is amazing! So when I got Mia and there was hair everywhere again I was mildly distressed 😉
          Lol.. I told her what you said and she replied, “I love her”. So you have charmed my mum well and truly 😂

• November 10, 2018 / 9:16 pm

Awwh! 😀 now I have another reason to go to London and meet two wonderful and beautiful ladies 😉

3. November 3, 2018 / 6:05 pm

I really love these monthly memories posts, Sarah!! Your nephew looks adorable on his first day! & I’ve never seen a baby bunny before either, wow, they barely even look real– so freakin’ cute!! The drawing your niece did is awesome!! Looking forward to reading your Oct. memories. ♡

November 4, 2018 / 3:46 am

He’s absolutely loving school as well! Little geek 😉 And they were very strange, honestly like little aliens, although their tiny bunny ears were adorable. And my niece will be glad to hear that someone outside of the family is impressed with her drawing, so thank you 🙂

• November 5, 2018 / 3:47 am

Aww, that’s adorable that he’s lovin’ school!! The bunnies do look kinda strange like little aliens but I would still love to hold one! & your niece is definitely talented! ❤